CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Google
 

Thursday, March 8, 2007

My Life- Praying for Gavin

Ever hear a story that for some unknown reason touches you deeply? The story of Gavin has touched my heart in ways I can't begin to explain. I have never met this young boy, but I feel as if I know him. He is a 7 year old boy with cancer. Not just any childhood cancer but a rare type of childhood leukemia called JMML ( Juvenile Myelomeonocytic Leukemia ). This type of cancer is so rare they don't know much about it or what even causes it. This young boy is making history in the medical books. He has to be one of the strongest 7 years olds. The pain and sickness he endures everyday. Most adults could not contend with. The reason he has made it this far the doctors say, is because if his attitude. He is truly a fighter. He has had two bone marrow transplants that have failed and just received another one. We are praying that this is the one. He needs to get GVH which means he needs to get really sick before he gets better. They believe this time with this transplant he has GVH, hopefully just enough to let him kick this cancer out this time, but with GVH it can also make you so sick and cause other complications. The mother of this boy is unbelievable. She has such courage and strength I just don't know how she does it. I often wonder what I would be like in her situation and I can't even think about it for more than 2 minutes, it scares me to death. I don't want to ever think about it happening to one of my children, I just can't. So how this brave mother copes with this daily is beyond me. They say that when things like this happens, you just do what you have to do. Especially for you sick child. I think she puts a lot of faith and positive energy into caring for him. He has been in and out of the hospital. He has his good days along with his bad and she just seems to handle everything with such strength. She and her son are hero's to many. They honestly believe that he will win this battle. I have to say I do to. No one thought he would make it this far, and so far he has proven everyone wrong. He is such a fighter. Anyone who reads this please take a moment and pray for Gavin. They believe so strongly in the power of prayer and they could use all the prayers they could get right now. I'll try to set up a link to his website so you can see this brave boys journey for yourself. It really makes you think about all the stuff we complain about in life, I mean when my kids have the flu it feels like the end of the world because I can't do much to help them, I can't imagine if they had to endure everyday what this little boy has to. It makes you more thankful for your healthy children. I think I will go hug each of mine right now. Be thankful everyone and please pray for Gavin. Thanks!!
http://www.gavinbrunin.com/

1 comments:

Jackie said...

Thanks for the visit and invite, added my site.

How sad for someone as young as Gavin to have such a life threatening disease. My heart goes out to his parents.

There are so many sad stories about children these days between AIDS contracted from Mothers even before birth, cancers and even children badly maimed by the war. I must be thankful that my child has grown up and is healthy.

Gavin is in my prayers.